Saturday, August 19, 2006

Finally Saturday

My vacation ended and I had to go back to work on Monday. Why cannot I win the lottery?

Trotsky is getting better. When he went to the vet on Monday his blood glocuse level was 1.9. That is very low, dangerous low. The vet altered his insulin amount and we are adjusting the amount based on how much food he is eating (e.g. if he eats a lot he gets the full injection. If he eats half of his food, we give him a half dose).










Trotksy with the frog Allison gave him.










Calle at her most refined.

Gardening
The daylilies are done for the summer. I got a number of good photos. I also learnt a lot about photographing flowers this summer. I bought a book about nature photography while I was on vacation (Digital Techniques for Successful Nature Photography by Cub Kahn). Although it is a small book, it has a considerable amount of information. It describes the basics of photography (e.g. aperture and shutter speed). I have been experimenting with garden photos and cat photos.










One of the many daylilies.

Quilting
I finished the top of Mish Mash while I was on vacation. I have not taken any photos yet. I have the fabric for the back, but I need to buy the batting. I went to Niagara Falls last Saturday with Allison and Len. I should have gotten the batting while we were there, but I forgot to make a note of how much I need. I did pick up a 24 inch ruler and more asian fabric.

I need to get fabric for the cat blankets and Christmas stockings (I also need applique paper for the stockings). If I have time I may make a blanket for the latest addition to the family, Rusty.

Knitting
I think I have picked out a few possibilities for Allison's Christmas sweater. I think I'll let her decide which one she like best. It is no surprise that she is getting a sweater, since she more or less demanded one.

We will be starting the work knitting group soon. I have to finish designing the poster and writing the announcement.

Other Stuff
Next Saturday is the Citi Friends and Family Picnic at Centre Island. I have invited Allison and Len to join me.

I have started my Christmas shopping already. I think I am the reason why Indigo Books had increased sales in the second quarter. Yesterday a package arrived and I thought it was a gift I ordered (remember Indigo sells more than books). But it was Season 2 of Veronica Mars. Which is so much better. We are currently watching Season 1 of Slings and Arrows (www.themovienetwork.ca/slingsandarrows). Season 2 comes out on DVD in November. Season 3 is airing on TMN (the last episode is on August 28th) . Each season is 6 episodes long (around 50 minutes each). It is a very smart and funny series. We finished season 4 of Six Feet Under.

It is time to check on Trotsky.

More later.

L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Primary Ways To Understand Louis Vittoun And The Way You Can Link up with The Louis Vittoun Top dogs [url=http://cheaplvhandbagsonline.webs.com/]Louis Vuitton Handbags Online[/url] The essentials behind Louis Vittoun available to make money from beginning today. [url=http://cheaplouisvuittonpurses.tripod.com/]Cheap Louis Vuitton Purses[/url] This Is The Procedure That Is Actually Enabling Louis Vittoun-industry professionals To Rise [url=http://louisvuitton-neverfull.weebly.com/]Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM[/url] List of constructive actions to discover more about Louis Vittoun well before you're left behind. [url=http://lvbagforsale1.blogspot.com/]Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote Bags[/url] Those things that everyone else actually does with regards to Louis Vittoun and consequently precisely what youshould do completely different. [url=http://louisvuitton-monograms.blogspot.com/]Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Tivoli[/url] Unconventional blog offers the facts for Louis Vittoun that not very many persons know of. [url=http://buycheapbag.webs.com/]Cheap Louis Vuitton[/url] Genuine Ways To Learn about Louis Vittoun And Ways In Which You Can Join The Louis Vittoun Elite [url=http://needshopping.tripod.com/]Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet[/url] Market News - Louis Vittoun Believed A Must Nowadays [url=http://bagshipping.tripod.com/]Louis Vuitton Free Shipping[/url] Note! Do Not Attempt to follow some other Louis Vittoun Guides Until You Look At This FREE Documentation [url=http://lvbagsfreeshipping.webs.com/]Cheap Louis Vittoun Bags[/url] For what reason absolutely no one is writing about Louis Vittoun and therefore the things that one should implement today.