Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

I went grocery shopping with my Mom first thing today. This afternoon I went to Dufferin Mall for the first time. I went with my Dad for his last minute shopping.

I hosted a Christmas Eve gathering tonight. Allison, Len and his parents (Walter and Evelyn) came over from Oakville for Christmas Eve dinner. I made a beef stew for dinner (of course it had a red wine base). Mom took care of the appetizer. Trish (even though she is away) made dessert (chocolates).

On the topic of Trish's Christmas treats. She added two new chocolates to her collection this year. The first was an orange and dark chocolate bark, the second was a Jackson Pollack inspired chocolate with dried apricots and nuts. I have voted that they make the list for next year and so did everyone else. They are gooood.

We did our gift exhange. I got some of the new line of Kaffe Fassett fabric and from Allison. She also gave me a bracelet she made. A flower press from my parents. I gave Allison her yet to be finished sweater. I'll get it sewn this week, then I just need to get a zipper for it.

It is late and I need to get some rest. Tomorrow we go to Oakville...

I'll post photos tomorrow.

No comments: