Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Year is Almost Over

I'm waiting for Trish and Trotsky to return home. Every once in a while I think I have done the required housework, I realize that there is something else that needs to done.


I have today's Star and Globe to entertain me. I also have the latest Karin Fossum book (Calling Out For You) to read. Trish gave it to me for Christmas. I enjoyed her other two books. Fossum is from Norway and writes mystery novels.


I'm also listening to the Yahoo radio station. I have discovered that you can skip songs that you don't like or don't feel like listening to. You can also rate the performer, song and album. It is keeping me amused.


Calle is doing her part to keep me entertained. She is now playing with the felt ball I got her for Christmas (Trotsky got one too). She will hid behind the Christmas tree to have a sneak attack. What a crazy cat.


I have discovered a stash of things left behind my parents. Unfortunately they only left behind a penny in terms of money (what a lousy tip). I think they will have to drop by to gather up the rest of their belongs before heading home.


This is the night light my parents (okay mother) gave me. It is made by Seagull. I will have to find a better place for next year. That will require Trish's help, as she has a much better sense of these things than I do.

This is the stash of fat quarters Allison gave me. It is the newest Kaffe Fassett. There is a pattern for it, but she misplaced it...



Calle is not going to give up her title as best Christmas present without a fight. Once some presents were put under the tree, she was unable to de-skirt the tree. Even my cat has a better interior design flare, than me... Allison made the skirt last Christmas. It was originally for herself, but I kind of guilted her into giving it to me...

Our friends Wendy and Jeff are bringing their daughters Olivia and Lucinda Jane for a visit tomorrow afternoon. The morning will involve child-proofing the upstairs and grocery shopping. If there is time maybe a stop at Bookcity to find a kid's book for Olivia. Tomorrow evening we are staying home. The plan at this point is for a Moroccan dinner and watch a movie or two.

I'm still working on a New Year's resolution. Although it is not a resolution and it is rather obvious, I'm not going to start any new projects until I have finished the three I have in progress. I have to finish Trish's cardigan, Allison's cardigan and Mish Mash. The knitting I'll work on first.

Okay I need to start my book.

More later.

L

No comments: