Saturday, June 30, 2007

Busy Saturday

I had a busy and productive day. I met Heather (http://www.friendsknittogether.blogspot.com/) at the Bathurst subway stop. We went to the Quilter's Palette in Etobicoke. Heather got a few fat quarters of blues. I like the fabric she picked. Oh, if I didn't have so much fabric already. I have fabric for four quilt tops and Mish Mash to finish hand quilting.
I got some fabric for the border of the Ohio Star quilt I'm going to make with Amy Butler's Belle line of fabric. I also got Butler's pattern for High Street Messenger Bag. I think it has the possibility of gifts.


I went to Grassroots and got a new polo shirt. I bought 4 pepper plants. After spending some time with the cats, I returned my extra yarn to Romni for a store credit. Not sure what my next knitting project is yet. I went to Pre-Loved and picked up a shirt for Trish and a shirt for myself.

Tomorrow is time in the garden. I watered the garden today. I'll water first thing in the morning and spend some time weeding and trimming the trees. I'll also hand quilt, while I watch the Under 20 Canadian team play.

I also have reading to do. I have read a little more than half of the course kit readings for one of my courses. It is the kit from last fall. I'm not sure how much it will change. But is giving me a sense of what to expect in terms of readings. September and October will be busy with working fulltime and going to school.

There is a session that I'm attending on Tuesday called "What is Community Work; Highlights of the field". One of my goals is to get a sense of how many hours I'll need to make up at work.

More later.

L

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

We will definitely have to do that again, if I didn't completely persuade you that I am socially inept...

We went to the Stratford Festival on Sunday and there is a fantastic quilt show down the street from the Avon Theatre to benefit the fight against Breast Cancer. 170 work-of-art quilts. If you ever want to venture past the city limits, we definitely want to go back.

Anonymous said...

nike norge bjczwfln nike shox dame imqnhtni nike shox norge xugpajzi nike shox sko ezstmoqq nike shox qsrakjnz nike sko norge zuwpfuaz nike sko p? nett mmblwwal nike sko tsptzesz nike qkgsgxnf