Friday, May 05, 2006

Patchwork Porch and More Time Spend in the Garden

Allison and I took our first and only official quilting lesson at the Patchwork Porch. It was suppose to be a class to make a simple Christmas stocking. There was nothing "simple" about this stocking for us beginners. In the description there was no mention of applique. We struggled through the class. Deb and Lynda were bald at the end because of us. Our stockings turned out great. I appliqued Trotsky on the back of mine. I'll make the rest of us (Trish, Calle and myself) one each for this Christmas if I get around to buying a sewing table any time soon.

We are still on probation at the store and to get into the store we have to bring them treats.

I have been taking lots of photos of the garden. The great thing about digital photography is that you can delete the ones that don't look right before printing them. I will invest in a telephoto lens at some point soon. This is one of my favourite photos.

I bought a tube bird feeder today. I had a feeder out back, but stopped using it when Doug started to spend so much time in the yard. Doug was an outdoor cat that used our backyard as his base of operations. He brought us a few dead birds, rats and even squirrels as rental payment. We started to feed him in hopes that he would stop hunting in the yard. Trish and I named him Doug after Doug "Killer" Gilmour. The nickname part definitelsuiteded him. It has been about two (maybe even three) years since our last visit from Doug. I decided his humans moved away. There have not been as many cats through the yard lately. So I'm back to trying to feed the birds.

We need to figure out how much top soil and manure we'll need for this year. I may go and get that clematis on Sunday. I'll probably get two.

I'm off to spend time with the cats (Trotsky and Calle). More later.

L

No comments: