Saturday, June 03, 2006

Back Home

On Saturday I made a pumpkin cheesecake. It was okay (needed more time in the fridge). We had a great dinner at Aunt Gloria and Uncle Duncan's. Haley and Harrison were there. And No I didn't make either of them cry.

After the cheesecake was made; Mom, Allison and I went to Orangedale to visit with Uncle Harry. It has been nine years since Allison and I had seen him. And of course he is the same as ever. We also stopped by to visit Mom's friend, Irene. Saw several hummingbirds at the feeders she has setup at the windows. We also saw an eagle.

On the way home we stopped at L'arche. It is a cute, little charity store. I bought a necklace for myself and one for Trish. Allison and I also picked up Nova Scotia flashlights as some gifts (it is a match glued inside a clothspin with a small piece of tartan).

Saturday night I finished the baby blanket for a co-worker with the help of Allison and Mom.

Sunday morning Allison and I tried desperately to fit all our stuff into our suitcases and backpacks. At one point before I left I thought I'd come home with less stuff.

We had a scenic drive to Halifax. I briefly considered buying a lobster to bring home. Okay I didn't really, but I told co-workers that I'd look into it. We said goodbye to our parents and began our journey through security. I set off the metal detector. I forgot about my necklace and my belt has a large metal buckle. Good thing I wasn't wearing my steel toe boots. I also had to have my bag searched. They needed to make sure my bottle of Glenora whiskey wasn't openned. As if I'd share that with my family. It took a few minutes to repack my backpack. We had plenty of time to wait. Our flight was almost 30 minutes late but it arrived almost on time I think. We collected our suitcases and went to find Len.

It is good to be home. The cats forgot who I am. I think they remember me now.

Here are some of the highlight photos from Allison and my first trip to Blues Mills.

Allison in Montreal.



Me in Montreal. Viva La Second Cup.

Our Sleeper car. It was small but cozy and quiet.

This is the guest room upstairs. Allison and I call it "The Suite". The other bedroom upstairs is Mom's sewing room which we renamed "The Studio"

Dial-up is slow. More photos later (and there are lots more).
More later.
L

No comments: