Friday, June 30, 2006

It's been a while...

On Monday I found the sewing table of my dreams (and budget). It is a foldup table that is quite compact (code for small). It fits the 24 x 18 cutting board with a little room on the length.

I have to cut and sew the sashing for the Mish Mash quilt. Then I have to sew the sashing to the vertical units and blocks. After that is finished, I will have the inside completed. The next step is sewing the inner border followed by the outer border. I bought the fabric for the back. It is making me rethink my binding. I think I need something that will compliment the front and not be so drastic alternative to the back. Something with green.

I also need to buy more needles and bobbins. I found the type that I need in the owner's manual (yes I read the owner's manual). That will have to wait a little while.

Saturday is brunch with a co-worker and sewing. Sunday is a trip to Oakville to visit/help Allison and Len at their new house. Monday is relax around the house day.

I will not have to water the garden in the next few days. But I will have to cut the grass after it drys. I also have to spend some time weeding. Too Darn Hot bloomed yesterday. But the it was not a good bloom (too much rain). There are several others that will be blooming soon. My next post maybe all photos from the garden.

I'll give an update on Mish Mash tomorrow. I'll take a few photos of my table. And I'll try to post more regularly.

More later.

L

No comments: