Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Yellow Brick Road is Finished

I just completed sewing the binding on my first quilt. Last Saturday I went to Oakville and Allison helped sew the binding onto the front of the quilt. I was left on my own to hand sew the back. Too bad it has gotten warm again. I will just have to admire my handiwork from a far (or under Trotsky and Calle). I can now focus on Mish Mash. I got the backing for Mish Mash last Saturday (very busy day). I will try to find a sewing table by the end of the month.

Trish is going to Newfoundland in August. She will probably go the Wednesday before I arrive and do some touring around. I'm trying to think of last time she had a real vacation. We went to Kingston two summers ago (but that was for the weekend) and Montreal six years ago (again another long weekend). I'll have to buy her several roll of film for her camera and batteries for the digital camera (maybe a new memory card as well). I bought a travel book for Atlantic Canada. It has some interesting places. I have also been researching on the internet. Trish's trip to Newfoundland will be a research trip for when we can both go and spend time.

Stella D'Oro is the first daylily to bloom this year (just like every year). It was too bright out when I took this photo. I'll get a better photo of Stella tomorrow.


We planted the tomatoes on Friday. We went to Lee Valley and I paid off my second round Stanley Cup debt. I got a set of the spiral tomato stakes. If they work well this summer I'll get more next spring. We need to get more container soil. There is always more work to be done in the garden. I want to get another hose to make it easier to water the back section.

I have gotten some great photos from the garden this summer. I think I may need to get the tele-converter lens for my digital camera to get better photos of the smaller flowers and the birds that have been visiting the feeder.

More later.

L

No comments: