Sunday, October 15, 2006

Is it Christmas Yet?

Okay, I'm close to being ready for Christmas. I need some time for knitting and sewing. But I have a well defined plan. Yes it involves a spreadsheet and colour. I'm still trying to figure out my Christmas card situation. I cannot find more of the photo cards, I may need to make a substitution.

Quilting
I basted the Baby Brick quilt yesterday. I started to hand quilt it last night. I was taking photos of it today, when...


I think Calle has confused Baby Brick with her Mish Mash. I have stopped working on Mish Mash to concentrate on the baby quilt. But I will start again once my holiday projects are completed (so early January). I have to prep the backing, baste then quilt...

Knitting
I have started Trish's cardigan. I have finished the back and left front so far. I bought the yarn last Friday and started knitting on Sunday during my trip to Bowmanville for Thanksgiving. I have been knitting on my commute to work and lunch hour. Now that I have started quilting the baby quilt, I'll work on that at night, instead of knitting.

Other Stuff-Yesterday, Trish and I went to see the Andy Warhol exhibit at the AGO. It was interesting. I knew of Warhol and some of his work, but I know have a better understanding of it.

Next Sunday, Allison and I are going to the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival/Show. I still need fabric for Trotsky's blanket. I think my approach this year will be: This is what I need. Last year's was this is what I want.

Trotsky went to the vet on Friday. The Vet called with his blood work results. His blood glucose is in the normal range. His kidney function is still high, but it is much lower than before. He weights 12.9 lbs. Calle goes for her followup visit on October 31st.

Apparently the baby quilt will not quilt itself. I better get to work on it.

More later.

L

No comments: