Sunday, January 21, 2007

Only a zipper away

I finished sewing Allison's cardigan. I finished knitting the collar on Sunday night. All I need now is a zipper and time to sew the zipper to the cardigan. There are no zipper stores in my neighbourhood (the purchasing of a zipper will require an field trip outside of the Annex...). I wonder if there is still a Fabricland at Yonge and Bloor? Then all I need is to remember what the zipper foot looks like for the sewing machine.

I have begun work on Trish's cardigan again. I have sewn the shoulders and am in the process of making the collar. I'll take some photos this week and post them next weekend.

We are still knitting at work for Street Knit Project. We gained our first male knitter this past week. Jim is a natural. He has been knitting on his breaks. We should have completed 50 scarves, 24 hats and 3 pairs of mittens by the end of the month in total since we started.

Several of the indoor plants are blooming. I'll take photos of them this week to post (help liven up the blog).

Next weekend is going to be busy. I'm having brunch on Sunday with Brian (since he left work to go back to school in August we have been trying to meet up for brunch once a month). Wendy and Lucie Jane are in Toronto for the ONDP convention. They left a few of Lucie Jane's toys behind at New Years that I should return. I think I also have tentative plans to meet up with Allison (she found the quilting pattern she misplaced at Christmas). I need to make a trip to the Goodwill to get rid of some old cloths.

Soon I'll start to work on Mish Mash again. I know I could get it machine quilted, but it is not that big. It is the basting that seems rather daunting to me. I need to iron the top and prep the backing. I also need to get the wrinkles out of the batting. I have only had that since September folded up in a bag. It will be nice to get it our from underneath the bed (although I am concerned to find other things that I have hidden under the bed).

Time to start dinner (there is a marinade that requires 2 hours of resting or whatever it does). I will have photos for next week and maybe funny stories about knitting and quilting.

More later.

L

No comments: