Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sorry it has been awhile since I last posted...

... it has actually been cold here in Toronto and I have been wearing my scarf and mittens indoors to stay warm. Today's high was predicted to be -15 (-31 with the windchill), so we are staying indoors. I almost got frostbite walking up the street to get the newspaper.

Next weekend is suppose to be warmer. My plan for next weekend is this. Find the Fabricland that is located near the HBC at Yonge and Bloor and get a zipper for Allison's cardigan. I also plan on basting Mish Mash. I finally got the batting out yesterday to try to get the wrinkles out of it. I need to sew the backing piece together. Calle will no doubt want to help with the baste part when the quilt is on the floor. To summarize I will be spending a lot of time with the sewing machine next weekend.

Last weekend I got up to get more coffee and this is what happened...

The boy stole my spot. This was Sunday morning as I tried to recover from Saturday. I meet Wendy and Lucie Jane at their hotel (Wendy was helping at the ONDP convention) and we went for breakfast. After that I met up with Allison and we went shopping. If you want a work out forget about the new Boot Camp fad. Go shopping on Queen Street West with Allison. We both arrived back here with bags and bags of stuff. Allison found some incredible deals. I got this great sweater from Preloved (www.preloved.ca). What they do is take old clothing, cut them and resew them together. I feel in love with a lot of their sweaters. The one I bought on sale for $20. It has some holes in it, that I will patch.

I have been having a difficult time taking photos of the amaryllis blooms. Here are two of the photos.


I like this one because you can see Calle in the background. I put the plant on the rad by the kitchen door to take the photos. That is Calle's usual perch. She is a little territorial.

Here is the second photo. I altered the lighting. I will keep trying until I get it right.

More later.

L

No comments: