Thursday, April 20, 2006

Eyes bigger than skills

When I first bought the pattern for Yellow Brick Road (my first quilt), my eyes were bigger than my skill set (and they still are). I was going to make the king size. It quickly became apparent that was too big for not only my first quilt but also for my first sewing project. I downsized to the lap quilt. It is still huge (it is much larger than any lap I've seen).


I have finished hand quilting it and am now wait for my binding lesson from my sister to completely finish it (just in time for summer). Then I can focus on the baby blanket that I'll make for a co-worker (I have until June to give it to her). All I need to do is cut the fabric and sew it (I'm not putting batting in and it self binds). Then I can complete Mish Mash.

Sunday is the MS Society's Super City Walk for MS. Allison and Len (my brother-in-law) have joined my work team. It will be fun. This will be the third year I will have participated. The first year it poured. My umbrella broke as we were finishing. Last year the weather was amazing. I'm afraid to check the weather forecast for this Sunday.

After the walk I'll go home and make Trish's birthday cake. It is her birthday on Sunday.

More Later.

L

No comments: