Saturday, April 22, 2006

A To Do List

Here is what I need to accomplish in the next few weeks:
  1. Find time to visit Allison in Oakville and learn how to bind my first quilt.
  2. Get a sewing table (my ideal table is one that folds because I don't have room for anything else).
  3. Start using my sewing machine (spend some time practicing with it).
  4. Finish Mish Mash.
  5. Start Garden Walk quilt.
  6. Plan 2006 knitted Christmas gifts.

Allison is lobbying for a cardigan for Christmas. I'll decide if she deserves one after our trip to Cape Breton to visit our parents. We are taking the train from Toronto to Truro and we fly back from Halifax.

I'm looking forward to the train trip. Sure it takes longer than flying, but I have always enjoyed train travel. Perhaps I have romantized it. There is something soothing about train travel. There is no gridlock, it is more comfortable than the bus. And you have limited options when you don't have a driver's license.

Allison has not taken the train to Nova Scotia before. I did when I was too young to really remember. Maybe that is my oldest memory a mental picture of the beds in the sleeper cabin I shared with my parents. I would have been 3 years old (maybe...).

We have a sleeper car from Montreal to Truro. It cost an extra $10 each to get a deluxe double room (it has a shower in the private washroom). I have started to think about what I'm taking with me for the train trip (travel scrabble, books to read, a knitting project-probably socks). Because we are flying back, I don't want to take too much stuff. We leave on May 20th so there is plenty of time to plan. Here is a photo of my sewing machine that my sister is storing for me at her place, so I don't have lug one from Toronto when I come to visit her to work on sewing projects together.

More later.

L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About that sewing machine that I am storing for you. The one that I almost tripped on yesterday! I could have lost a toe!
I best be getting something that is warm and fuzzy for Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

good picture, nice machine someone has class that picked it out!